LAST UPDATED JUNE 26, 2020
Terms & Conditions
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
When you visit or interact with the Services, Sizzler may obtain certain personal information from you, such as:
- Names, addresses, contact numbers, and email addresses;
- Date of birth and gender;
- Records of your orders and other transactions with us;
- Information provided via surveys, focus groups, and/or other marketing research efforts;
- Employer and/or other company affiliations (e.g., employer names, titles, work addresses, and other contact information);
- Job application information (e.g., resume, employment and educational history, references, names signatures, aliases, postal addresses, telephone numbers, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses, email addresses, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, debit card numbers, medical information, health insurance information, or other similar identifiers);
- Precise location;
- Other information described in the Information Collected Automatically section below (some of which is personal information).
We may also create inferences from this information or from other personal information we hold.
If you submit someone else’s personal information to us (e.g., someone else’s contact information), you represent that you are authorized to provide this information to us.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
We may collect certain information about you automatically when you visit or use our online Services. This information may include your IP address, device identifier, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preference, referring URLs, length of visits, and pages viewed. We automatically collect this information using various tools and technologies such as cookies and web server logs. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer, sometimes with a tag that identifies your computer. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you may be able to set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, or to remove or reject cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may affect the availability and functionality of our online Services and other websites.
We may also use certain third-party web and mobile app analytics services – including but not limited to Google Analytics (opt out by installing Google Analytics’ opt-out browser add-on, and opt out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings), and Facebook Custom Audiences – to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the online Services and serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We have implemented Google Analytics Advertising features such as remarketing with analytics, interest-based advertising, demographics, and interests reporting, user segment analysis, look-alike modeling and impression reporting. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to provide Sizzler with insight into behavior information relating to inferred visitor age, gender, and interests, and to deliver advertisements to you, create a profile of you, measure your interests, detect your demographics, detect your location, personalize content, and detect online behaviors such as site visitation, dwell time and actions taken. For more information on how the Google Marketing Platform uses the data collected through the online Services, visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
In addition to the automatic collection mechanisms listed above, we may also use:
- Google Tracking Pixel – this pixel can be used to track user behavior after they have been redirected to our website by clicking on a Facebook and / or Instagram ad. This allows us to record the effectiveness of Facebook and Instagram advertisements for statistical and market research purposes and, if necessary, to take optimization measures. The tracking of users who have landed on our website after clicking on one of our Facebook and Instagram ads can remain active up to 180 days. The data collected in this way is anonymous for us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, about which we will inform you to the best of our knowledge. Facebook may connect this data to the Facebook account and also use it for its own advertising purposes, according to its data usage policy. If you want to disable cookie storage for Facebook, you can do so via your browser settings.
- Facebook Communication Tools – especially the “Custom Audiences” and “Website Custom Audiences” products. Basically, a non-reversible and non-personal checksum (hash value) is generated from your usage data, which can be transmitted to Facebook for analysis and marketing purposes. If you want to refuse the usage of Facebook’s “Website Custom Audiences”, you can do so by following this link: https://www.facebook.com/ads/Webseite_custom_audiences/.
To find out more about how third-party analytics services manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering ads online, and how to opt-out of information collection or certain uses by these networks generally, including some companies mentioned above, please visit: http://www.youradchoices.com, http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices, http://www.networkadvertising.org, or https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice. Please note that we are not responsible for the opt out process of third parties.
We will store personal information we obtain for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as otherwise required or permitted under applicable law.
Information Collected From Third Parties
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use personal information we obtain about you to:
- facilitate and personalize your user experience and improve the Services;
- conduct statistical analysis of the content, layout, and features of the Services for our marketing purposes;
- communicate with you regarding our restaurants and other Services;
- respond to your requests or inquiries;
- register you for accounts on the Services;
- register you for our email and postal mailing lists or for promotions or offers conducted in connection with the Services;
- process payment information for online food orders or online purchases through our gift card store;
- respond to job inquiries and job applications submitted by you;
- process your fundraiser applications;
- send marketing information to you, such as promotional offers or information about new product offerings, programs, or restaurant openings;
- provide location services;
- prevent, investigate, identify, stop, or take any other action with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, or any activity that violates our policies; or
- for any other purpose, with your consent where appropriate.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Some of the third-party service providers (for example, those mentioned in the “Information Collected Automatically” section above) may view, edit, or set their own tracking technologies/cookies.
We may also publicly post on our online Services certain user-generated content you submit to us.
We may also disclose personal information when required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal processes, or in response to activities that are unlawful or a violation of Sizzler’s rules for use of the Services, or to protect and defend the rights or property of Sizzler or others.
The online Services are not intended for, and are not intentionally targeted to, children under 13, and we do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age through the Services. If we learn that the online Services have received personal information directly from a child who is under the age of 13, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
You also can make certain choices by using the options described in the “Information Collected Automatically” section above.
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Please keep in mind that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features on our website, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages may not display properly.
We use various security measures as part of an effort to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission and storage are not completely secure (whether online or offline) and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
To make a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident, and provide your current California address, to which we will send our response. Your inquiry must specify “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line of the email or the first line of the letter, and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one such request per individual each year.
The following section provides detailed information applicable only to California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), including details on those individuals’ rights and choices under the CCPA.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of California Personal Information
Right to Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months:
- The categories of personal information about you that we collected and disclosed.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or “selling” that personal information as that term is defined under the CCPA.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If any personal information was “sold,” details about the categories of personal information sold and the categories of the recipients in those situations.
Right to Access: Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we provide to you a copy of the specific pieces of information we collected about you in the 12 months preceding your request.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete, the personal information about you that we collected and retained, unless an exemption applies. For example, we may deny your deletion request should the information be necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, or take other actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
While you have the right to make a deletion request at any time, kindly note that processing this right would cause you may lose any promotional offers provided as a result of maintaining a Sizzler account with us.
If you would like to submit a request for information, access or deletion, you may:
- Use the following link: https://www.sizzler.com/datarequest
- Contact us by phone at 866-551-9767
Verified Request: Only you, or someone authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must:
Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable request does not require you to create an account with us.
Extension: Sizzler will make an effort to fulfill verified requests within 45 days of receipt. However, the period for responding to your verified request may be extended, based on the complexity and the number of requests received. If this extension is required, Sizzler will communicate the extension and the reason(s) for the delay within 45 days of receiving the request.
Right to Opt Out of “Sale” Under the CCPA: You have the right to direct us not to “sell” your personal information as that term is defined under the CCPA (“opt-out”). We do not “sell” personal information if we have actual knowledge that the consumer is less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (“opt-in”) from either the consumer between 13 and 15 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age.
If you prefer that we not “sell” your personal information you may:
Use the following link: https://www.sizzler.com/do-not-sell
Contact us by phone at 866-551-9767
Because our use of third-party services identified in the “Information Collected Automatically” section above may constitute a “sale” under the CCPA, we also encourage you to also exercise all of the choices available there from every browser that you use to access our websites. We cannot provide a guarantee about how the third parties will respond to such to such actions.
Nondiscrimination: You also have certain rights under the CCPA not to be subject to certain negative consequences for exercising CCPA rights.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Services may offer links to websites and other services that are not maintained by Sizzler. By visiting one of these linked websites or services, you are subject to their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for, or able to monitor or control, the policies and practices of other companies.
Attn: Privacy Officer
Sizzler USA, Inc.
Mission Viejo, CA 9269